Sunday, April 3, 2011

Youth is wasted on the young

Chris says:

"My older brother and a friend of ours went to Vietnam. Before they left, the friend had willed me his '67 Shovel if he didn't come back. Well, that's exactly what happened; his family contested the will, and his brothers got it....and wrecked it, which is why it wasn't willed to them in the FIRST place. Anyways, a local patch holder I knew told me he was sick of me moping around (I was 16 at the time) over this lost friend, lost shovel, bad feelings..so, one day, he told me to come with him to his barn, eyes closed and everything. When I opened them, here was this beautiful 1947 Knuckle. He told me that I could have it, provided I pay him $50 a month until $3000 was payed. Don't be late and don't pay short, sort of an offer you can't refuse. I did, and struggled with kicking and tuning that thing until, after going down one time, my parents made me sell it. I still regret it."




THANKS, CHRIS

2 comments:

  1. Damn, man. I've got an old Honda I won't part with. It's a pile of crap most of the time, but I still won't let it go. Sad tale...

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life
    http://www.behindbarsmotorcycle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dano, Cyclone's kick ass mechanic at this time, still owns (I believe) EVERY bike he's ever had...and now he owns Cyclone.

    ReplyDelete